The combination of doshas that manifests differs from person to person. At Niraamaya Retreats, we provide a plethora of Ayurvedic detox and rejuvenating treatments that are specially crafted and unique to each person
Our bodies accumulate a variety of toxins from the environment, the food we eat, and the drinks we consume. Ama is the Ayurvedic term for this noxious buildup. These harmful substances interfere with the natural biochemistry and operation of all organs. Years of accumulation can cause a blockage in the flow of prana (energy), which in turn causes an imbalance in the three doshas. To eliminate toxins and reestablish equilibrium in your body, Ayurvedic detoxification or rejuvenation methods are a perfect option. Some of the healing approaches that Ayurveda offers for this very purpose are namely Panchakarma and Rasayana.
Rasayana, or rejuvenation, is an ancient traditional Ayurvedic treatment that restores the body’s vitality. It translates to "Path (?yana) of essence (rasa)" from Sanskrit. Rasa, or juice, is the vital fluid that we draw from the food we consume. It provides nourishment, carries off toxins, and boosts our immunity. In this way, it helps restore and maintain the fluids in our bodies. It is said to bring back one's youthfulness by restoring health and vitality.
In practice, Rasayana is essentially any food, activity, or herb that makes you feel energetic and enhances your senses. Accordingly, this therapy can be an ongoing practice where one follows an Ayurvedic lifestyle and/or goes on a retreat to receive special treatments with oils, activities, herbal medicines, and foods. In essence, it's all about rehabilitating the body and mind by dedicating time to healing and rejuvenation.
- Helps improve memory retention
- Youthful Appearance
- Provides luminous skin
- Improves disease resistance
- Provides a sense of calmness and mindfulness
- Helps restore equilibrium
- Boosts immunity
- Reduces stress and improves relaxation
One of the most well-known subspecialties of Ayurveda is Panchakarma therapy. It works like magic by cleansing and rejuvenating the body and aids in the removal of toxins by relying upon five characteristic activities that control the body. It includes five treatments namely:
- Vamana (therapeutic vomiting)
- Virechana (purging through herbal medicine)
- Vasti (medicated enema)
- Nasya (Nasal clearing using warm oils, herbal remedies, and fumes)
- Raktha Moksha (detoxification of blood)
Benefits of Panchakarma:
- Helps restore metabolic power
- Eliminates toxins and strengthens tissue functions
- Helps balance all three doshas
- Improves mental clarity and awareness
- Reduces dependence on alcohol, tobacco, and drugs
- Helps implement a healthy diet and lifestyle
- Reduces stress, improves relaxation and tolerance
- Slows the aging process and increases the lifespan
- Increases the skin’s glow and youthfulness
- Boosts immunity and energy levels
- Improves strength, endurance, and vitality
Having well-renowned, award-winning, and some of the world's finest Ayurvedic treatment facilities across Kerala located at our various Retreats in Kovalam, Kumarakom, Thekkady, and Athirappilly, our practitioners rejuvenate the mind, body, and soul with Ayurveda. A holiday with us assures the best of both worlds; modern amenities and luxury amidst a blissfully relaxed and leisurely ambiance that can only be experienced in tropical lands like ours. Every treatment is specially curated just for you, so book the Rasayana package or the Panchakarma package at any one of the locations to reap lasting benefits.
We understand that Ayurveda, for those new to it, can be as daunting as it is exciting. The prospect of experiencing more energy and balance with Ayurveda may inspire us to break out of a rut, but any change is likely to go up against our innate need to adhere to what we're familiar and comfortable with. Let us assure you that even if it may seem challenging, the end result is worthwhile. Call us to learn more or book an appointment today to relax, rejuvenate and rejoice at Niraamaya Retreats.