We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The wellbeing of our guests and associates are of paramount importance to the brand.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. Our Retreats’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwash hygiene, cleaning product specifications used in the guest rooms and common area cleaning process. One of our USPs as a chain of Retreats is the expanse which is large compared to the density of guests present. This helps in naturally abating the spread of any outbreak. Specific steps taken at Niraamaya Wellness Retreats include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge:
Retreats associates – and their own health, safety, and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we are supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, Retreats associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real-Time Information: Niraamaya’s Corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the Retreats and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our Retreats use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Retreats use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Retreats have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, and staff offices.
The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance to us and considering the COVID 19 outbreak, all our retreats have deployed measures and enhanced our cleaning and hygiene standards. We would like to take this opportunity to share how we have utilized this downtime to make your travel to our retreats a lot safer whenever you decide to stay with us.
- Highly utilized touch surfaces like door handles, keys, countertops, tabletops, railings, etc. are cleaned continuously using a disinfectant. These processes are also in place in guest rooms during all housekeeping services.
- The retreats are being disinfected with professionally identified chemicals across the retreat entrances, employee entrances, as well as various public areas.
- Mandatory procedures are in place for staff in the kitchens, restaurants, and in-room dining to sanitize their hands every time they serve food or touch food-related items. This is monitored by senior HODs in the respective areas.
- Updated and detailed cleaning checklists, the use of professionally identified high grade tested chemicals and agents for all areas, including laundry, are being followed and monitored closely.
- All supplies and materials are sanitized before being admitted into the retreat premises.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are in place in all guest rooms and at all public spaces.
- Our vehicles are being disinfected after each use and sanitizers; masks are kept in the vehicle for guest use. Our valets will be wearing gloves and masks during all transport duties
- Restaurants and seating in the lobby have been reconfigured to ensure safe distances are maintained between guests.
- Temperature readings of non-resident guests are taken at the entrance of the retreat. Temperature readings of resident guests and team members are also taken once a day. Also, an in-house doctor is available for any consultation.
- All linen is being disinfected with high-grade fibre friendly chemicals and heat application procedures.
- A guest check-in self-declaration form is in place which covers COVID-19 symptoms. Any guest who indicates these symptoms is required to undergo a medical examination prior to check-in.
- If any of the parameters for our guests or colleagues are not normal, a medical examination and medical assistance are provided immediately.
- Professional agencies and doctors are on standby for sanitization of all areas should there be anyone detected with a positive sign of COVID-19.
- Detailed Standard Operating Procedures are in place in case of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis where a guest or a colleague needs to be quarantined.
1. Has the area been affected by COVID-19?
Currently, there are no victims affected by COVID-19 in the immediate vicinity of our retreat.
2. How many cases of COVID-19 has been reported in the surrounding/vicinity?
No cases of COVID -19 have been reported so far in the surrounding vicinity.
3. What are the precautionary measures taken up by the local authorities to curtail the spread?
Malls, Schools, Religious Palace, Public gatherings, and sightseeing areas have been recommended by the government to be closed until further notice
4. What are the precautionary measures taken up at the airport to curtail the spread of COVID-19?
Airport authorities and the Indian government have jointly started the screening test for all passengers and blood tests along with the temperature check at the Airport.
5. What are the precautionary measures taken up by the retreat to curtail the spread of COVOD-19?
- Washing of hands regularly
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and face with unwashed hands
- Covering cough with a disposable tissue and discarding them immediately after use
- Seek medical advice if you are sick
- Hand Sanitizers kept in the various areas of the Retreat for Staff Members and guests
6. How is the hygiene maintained at the retreat in the view of the present spread of COVID-19?
- Hand sanitizers are kept in all Staff entry and exit points and at the Front Office areas, Food and Beverage Service Areas, Housekeeping Areas. Staff is being advised to wash their hands whenever they are in the Guest areas.
- Training Sessions for Niraamaya Team Members have been conducted by the GM and in-house Doctors.
- Guest Airport Pick Up Cars and Guest Airport Drop Cars of the Retreat are being provided with Hand Sanitizers and are being sanitized before every duty.
- As per WHO the virus does not thrive in temperatures above 26 degrees Celsius or 78.8 Fahrenheit. Our retreats are located in the tropical region where the temperatures are above these parameters thus adding further protection.
7. How will the retreat handle a reported case of any symptoms of COVID-19?
We will inform the Tourism and Healthcare Department. We will inform the local health care departments for necessary actions and inspections.
8. Do we have the do’s and don’ts with the helpline numbers at the retreat?
Yes, and Helpline numbers have been displayed prominently for easy access.
9. Has there been any case or suspect reported at the retreat so far?
No cases have been reported.
10. Will we be allowed to stay at your retreat if we have recently travelled from the affected countries but have no symptoms of COVID-19?
Yes, however, the guests need to obtain a certificate from the local health inspector either at the airport or from a local health center.
11. What types of meats/animal products served at the retreat?
Seafood, Poultry, Beef, Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Bacon which is locally sourced and as per safety guidelines.
12. Are there any healthcare professionals in and around the retreat?
All our retreats have an in-house doctor and also there are government-recognized hospitals near the retreat vicinity.
13. Will I have to wear a face mask during my stay at the retreat?
As per the current government regulations, wearing mask is compulsory.
14. Is there any travel advisory for Kerala or India?
Considering a few cases of COVID-19. The Indian government is screening guest entering India and have suspended all visas expect diplomatic official, UN – International Organizations, employments, and projects until further notice.
15. Do you have any Chinese, Japanese, Italian guest stayed recently with your retreat?
16. Are there any Ayurveda medicines or therapies that can prevent or cure COVID-19?