We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The wellbeing of our guests and associates are of paramount importance to the brand.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. Our Retreats’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwash hygiene, cleaning product specifications used in the guest rooms and common area cleaning process. One of our USPs as a chain of Retreats is the expanse which is large compared to the density of guests present. This helps in naturally abating the spread of any outbreak. Specific steps taken at Niraamaya Wellness Retreats include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge:
Retreats associates – and their own health, safety, and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we are supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, Retreats associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real-Time Information: Niraamaya’s Corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the Retreats and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our Retreats use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Retreats use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Retreats have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, and staff offices.
The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance to us and considering the COVID 19 outbreak, all our retreats have deployed measures and enhanced our cleaning and hygiene standards. We would like to take this opportunity to share how we have utilized this downtime to make your travel to our retreats a lot safer whenever you decide to stay with us.