Yoga is the ancient Indian philosophy of life as well as a system of exercises that encourages the union of body, mind and spirit. One of the best forms of physical and mental disciplines that include various body postures, breathing techniques and meditation practices to develop self-awareness and mental clarity. Positive Thinking (Vedanta) and Meditation (Dhyana), are the true keys to achieving peace of mind and eliminating negativity in our lives.
Irrespective of whether you are a beginner or a regular yoga practitioner, the Yoga experiences at Niraamaya are extraordinary. The remarkable Niraamaya environs - an oasis of tranquillity and harmony with nature - helps revive the senses and thus offering excellent rejuvenation experience.
After guest check-in, a personalised Wellness Consultation with the Yoga Instructor and our in-house Ayurvedic doctor is arranged. This helps to design a suitable level of the program. Yoga classes at our Kerala Ayurveda retreat are conducted by experienced instructors following the Sivananda tradition.
No of Sessions
Personalised Wellness Consultation
Lifestyle consultation and counselling session
Personalised Yoga Instruction sessions (per room)
Personalised Pranayama sessions (per room)
Personalised Meditation sessions (per room)
Personalised Yoga Nidra session
Shirodhara – A de-stressing oil therapy for the head
Abhyangasnana – Conditioning warm oil massage to stimulate circulation
Cooking sessions on Wellness Cuisine
Progress check with Doctor
- Yoga and Ayurvedic sessions and all consultations as per the above package inclusions
- Airport transfers
- Use of all recreational facilities –Swimming pool and Gym
- As Ayurveda treatments are highly personalized, the exact treatments and medicines could only be finalised after a detailed consultation with the doctor. The treatments given may vary according to the body constitution and requirements of the individual.
- Male therapists will attend to gentlemen and female therapists will attend to ladies for all massages and therapies
- Please attend Ayurveda therapies following diet and lifestyle regimen as advised for optimum results
- For women: Certain therapies included in the program are contraindicated for women during their menses. Women are advised to schedule the program safely outside of the menstrual period.
Diet and lifestyle regimen during the program
- Drink a minimum 2 litres of water including other fluids per day.
- No cold food and drinks to be consumed.
- Rest and relax for 2-3 hours after the treatments. No sunbathing, no swimming, avoid exposure to rain and cold draughts immediately after therapy.
- Smoking, alcoholic drinks and fizzy drinks need to be avoided.
- Avoid any kind of physical exertion and long-distance travelling.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime and staying awake at night.
- Prescribed Ayurvedic diet menu needs to be followed with an emphasis on vegetarian food.